Rr Auction - Steve Zarelli : Lacks Knowledge of ARMSTRONG

18 of 22 Rr Auction reviews

give me a BREAK ! Steve Zarelli has been promoted by the gang at RR Auctions as the greatest Space Authenticator ever and yet he can't always get it right !

Shawn Jackson, defendant in "Operation Bullpen" has resurfaced again. Not sure if someone is trying to get their money back and sell their items realized they were forgeries while trying to sell them on Ebay. Not sure if these are still being sold, but please be on the lookout. Anything associated with the name Shawn Jackson should be ignored... DO NOT BUY! It goes to show you that forged autographs can be bought and sold many years later!

Shawn Jackson sold hundreds of Neil Armstrong signatures. Jackson sold these in heavy numbers back about 20 years ago or more. The Jackson forged examples are obvious because he stopped at the end of each stroke and hesitated before lifting his pen and this clearly accounts for all the "DOTS" at the conclusion of each stroke.

Here you will find an example of a Shawn Jackson forgery that has been gleefully authenticated by Steve Zarelli, the lead authenticator for RR Autograph Auctions. This particular example is for sale on eBay.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
18 of 22 Rr Auction reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Hit The Road Jack

Sep 17, 2014 #871684

Between April 2011 and July of 2011, Plaintiff Michael Johnson personally delivered more than 20 autographed music items he had previously purchased from RR Auctions to PSA/DNA Authentication Services located in Santa Ana, California. The autographed items Plaintiff Michael Johnson purchased from Defendants RR Auction came with Certificates Of Authenticity issued from RR Auctions and/or RR Auctions music autograph authenticator, Roger Epperson.
All items submitted by Plaintiff Michael Johnson to PSA/DNA Authentication Services which Plaintiff Michael Johnson had previously purchased from RR Auctions we’re rejected by PSA/DNA Authentication Services as not authentic. http://www.rrauctionlawsuit.com

25 1 Reply
RS

Sep 07, 2014 #867210 Orlando, Florida, United States

WHILE THIS FORGERY DOES MATCH CERTAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF AN AUTHENTIC NEIL ARMSTRONG SIGNATURE, IT FALLS SHORT IN OTHER AREAS. THIS IS A VERY GOOD FORGERY AND I CAN SEE HOW STEVE OR ANY OTHER COLLECTOR MIGHT BE FOOLED. THE BIGGEST GIVE AWAY IS THE UNNATURAL FLOW WHICH LEFT INK TO SOAK IN AT THE BEGINNING AND ENDING OF EACH STROKE. SOME MORE SUBTLE FLAWS THAT ONLY A SEASONED COLLECTOR WOULD NOTICE ARE ALSO RED FLAGS AS TO THE AUTHENTICITY. AS I SAID THIS IS A VERY GOOD FORGERY BUT THE OP IS CORRECT THIS IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC EXAMPLE.

35 0 Reply
PKM

Sep 06, 2014 #866832 Amarillo, Texas, United States

Zarelli might pretend to be more knowledgeable than he really is. He might make frequent mistakes when reviewing autographs. The HATEFUL messages on his sites distress me the most, like the one about charity auctions and how no one should support them. Has Zarelli ever had a child with cancer ? has Zarelli ever served his country in the military ? or does he still live with mommy and daddy and read comic books ?

22 1 Reply
Eric Red

Sep 03, 2014 #865487

I looked over his web page read some of his articles and I think back to a Wendy's Commercial "Wheres's The Beef" . The articles are very simple with no substance and his opinions are not well supported. His web sight basically says that he discovered that he knew how to authenticate. There are some names attached to some praises, but the names are obscure. In My humble Opinion, his web page is lame .

12 0 Reply
Alpha

Aug 22, 2014 #860232

I am NOT a Steve Zarelli fan. He is a nice guy on the phone but I personally see no logic to his methods of authentication at all. People who get their books signed in person complain that he won't authenticate them. People on eBay selling what I personally think are questionable at best seem to have Zarelli COAs. I have only been collecting autographs my entire life so maybe my opinion is not as good as a beginning collector. Who knows. I question the motives of people who sell autographs that like to promote this guy

13 0 Reply
Space Ace

Aug 21, 2014 #859890

Looks like the forger stopped awkwardly leaving ink to soak into the paper at each pause . Dawk!

13 0 Reply
Al

Aug 20, 2014 #859328

I wish people without credibility would stop giving out opinions and COAs that mislead people.

14 0 Reply
MD

Aug 18, 2014 #858460

I am a thirty-seven year collector and my opinion on the Armstrong signature is that it is highly irregular and does not compare well with known exemplars

8 0 Reply
Mark Caldwell

Aug 03, 2014 #850584

For the record, as the owner of some of the rarest space memorabilia (including one of very few items signed by all 12 moonwalkers) I can attest that Steve Zarelli is among the best forensic autograph reviewers in the world, and is widely respected by reputable auction houses and dealers around the world. I started using Zarelli for authentication several years ago at the recommendation of several of the best known space collectors and dealers in the U.S. and Europe. Steve will not attach his authentication to a signature unless it passes a very rigid authentication process. He rarely renders an opinion that a signature is a forgery, unless it is a precise match with known forgers. It is a bitter pill when you have purchased a signed photograph or text with no verifiable provenance, and finding that the best authenticators won't sign off on it. And that is the basis for the handful of rants against Zarelli on this site, which I consider nothing less than unfounded slander -- which is why they are all "anonymous."

1 24 Reply
Mike Davis

Aug 18, 2014 #858458

Mark, I have been collecting Space Related Autographs for 37 years and I would never touch your collection with a ten foot pole.

Mark C Caldwell

Aug 19, 2014 #858583 Utica, New York, United States

My name is Mark C Caldwell and I live in Herkimer NY . I am employed in the banking industry .
I want to go on the record That I Do NOT Know Steven Zarelli. I have never posted anything about him. Today I was sent a link by my co-worker. My co-worker apparently knows the Zarelli family.
I want to go on record that I have never posted anything (Positive or negative)about Steven Zarelli or his family. .If someone is using my name then please stop doing so. If someone,by coincidence,someone has the same name as myself then publish a phone number and address. my Phone number, for verification is ***********. No prank calls please.

15 0 Reply
Nick

Aug 19, 2014 #858857

If you are going to use other names then use a fictional name.

Mark C Caldwell

Aug 20, 2014 #859260 Utica, New York, United States

The above poster has not replied to my inquiry as to if there is another person with the same name as myself. I did not post the above and the only connection that I have to Mr. Zarelli is one of my co-workers knows him and sent me a link to this forum and the other various postings
Mark C Caldwell Utica, New York

12 0 Reply
MC

Aug 20, 2014 #859430 Utica, New York, United States

So far the Mark Caldwell has not replied. My Name is Mark C Caldwell and I live in New York. I do not know Mr Zarelli and my only connection to him is that a co-worker knows the family. It was this co-worker that sent me a link to this post. It would make me happy if by coincidence someone has the very same name as myself.

Plourde Orne

Nov 16, 2014 #901146 Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

" which is why they are all "anonymous."
Correct me if I am wrong but many posts here have first and last names. By the way I recall seeing another post by MARK CALDWELL that was very long and he stated that he did not know Steve Zarelli at all and that he did not want people using his name. That Mark Caldwell included his telephone number in his post.

5 1 Reply
Ned

Aug 01, 2014 #849545

For the record, I am a thirty-eight year collector and my opinion on the Armstrong signature is that it is not authentic. I have no idea who said it was authentic but it would not surprise me if an on-line kid collector told someone that it was real. Today there are many self proclaimed experts that are only experts in being recognized by other ***.
Ned S. Armestaur

8 0 Reply

Aug 02, 2014 #850420

Well said.

3 0 Reply
Ned

Aug 01, 2014 #849529

These "authenticators" tend to be young cocky know-it-alls. I am a 38 year collector and that does not give me the right to call myself an authenticator. If I give you an honest and "free" opinion , I dont call it authentication. These authenticators , ALL OF THEM, verbally used the term AUTHENTICATION and yet the certification they sell all seem to some legal verbage along the bottom that states that the certificate only represents an opinion and there is no legal recourse if the opinion is a mistake. This is not certification and calling it certification is unethical .
Ned S. Armestaur

10 0 Reply

Aug 02, 2014 #850414

Right .

5 0 Reply
Yeaman

Jul 22, 2014 #844290

I guess this information and the departing of Mr Cornish would sway me to avoid the space related material in their present and future offerings.

13 1 Reply

1-20 of 119 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rr Auction. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rr Auction.
Filing a new complaint about
×